Renters insurance is also called Tenants insurance and is designed to provide protection for your belongings that are damaged due to a covered peril.
Don't fall into the trap in thinking your landlord will pay for your belongings lost in a fire. Getting coverage for your belongings is yours the tenants' responsibility.
Talk to a licenced insurance agent about how many different ways a renters insurance policy protects you.
Take the 1 minute Renters Quiz
Do you know the full extent of your current insurance coverage? Test your knowledge! Take a minute to answer this simple 7 question quiz! Then tell us how you did!
1. My neighbors fire caused smoke damage to my unit, the
landlord will provide another unit? True/False
2. I have my property in the storage area,
the landlord is responsible if stolen? True/False
3. A pipe burst in the apartment upstairs and water damaged
my contents. The landlord pays. True/False
4. Someone breaks into my home and steals my TV and
stereo. I will be reimbursed by the landlord? True/False
5. While I am shopping, I leave packages in my car – they
are covered by my auto policy if my auto is broken into? True/False
6. A renters policy that would cover all of the above losses can
be purchased for approximately $13.50 a month? True/False
7. If I'm sick or injured in an accident and can't work the rent
and utilities will not become due until I return to work? True/False
All are false except 6