Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Licensed in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, North Carolina, Tennessee, Washington DC and Virginia
Houses cost money, especially here in the DC beltway, which is one of the most expensive real estate markets in the nation. Big or small, dream home or starter home, your property is valuable to you and your priority is to protect it as best you can. Homeowners insurance is one way to get that protection. It ensures you, your family and your property remain financially secure even in hard times.
As one of Maryland’s premier independent insurance agencies, Halkos Insurance Agency is the place to come if you are looking for optimized benefits, easy policy management and family-friendly, reliable insurance services. To get the homeowners insurance you deserve, just call us at 301-206-5464 or get your quote now.
Common Home Insurance Questions
Your home is an investment, a place that you will work to protect and maintain, and that will be your haven and place of security. You don’t want anything to happen to it, but the fact of the matter is that accidents can happen, even to the most responsible homeowner.
There are countless liabilities that all homeowners face, and if a liability becomes a problem, then it could cost a lot of money to fix. Homeowners insurance is designed to help when unexpected, expensive problems arise at home. It makes sure that you can afford to repair your home, replace damaged possessions and even settle lawsuits without facing financial insecurity.
Homeowners insurance is designed to cover numerous assets and liabilities involved in home ownership. Policies offer benefits like:
- Structure protection: This insures your house in the event of damage from fires, weather, theft, vandalism or other hazards.
- Detached structures coverage: Other buildings on your property – such as fences, carports, gazebos and detached garages - will have coverage.
- Possessions insurance: This pays for damaged belongings. Protection might cover everything from furniture to food in the pantry and computer systems.
- Liability coverage: If you accidentally harm someone else or damage their property, you can use this coverage to repay them. Coverage will often pay for incidents both on and off your property.
- Additional living expense protection: Do you need to move out temporarily after household damage? Let this coverage reimburse you for expenses like dining or hotel bills.
Still, the thing about your home is that it is unique from almost anyone else’s, and standard home insurance benefits are just a starting point. You might need other specialty coverage, such as:
- Scheduled items riders
- Replacement cost value possessions coverage
- Umbrella liability insurance
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake and windstorm endorsements
- Pet liability insurance
You can add many of these benefits into your policy directly, while in other cases you can buy them as separate policies.
Whether you own a high-value home, condominium, rental property, mobile home or other property, we can find you the right policy from within our network of top-rated, trusted carriers. When helping you customize your plan, we will make sure your coverage limits, endorsements, deductibles and other policy terms combine in the right ways to minimize your personal losses from any household accident.
As an added benefit, you can usually bundle homeowners, auto and other personal insurance benefits through the same insurer. This can provide easier policy management, cohesive benefits and even bundling discounts to help you save money.
If you plan to finance your home, then you will likely have to buy homeowners insurance. Most mortgage lenders will require you to buy a policy before they will approve your application for a loan. You must usually maintain coverage for as long as you have the financing in place.