Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
Licensed in Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Carolina, Tennessee, Washington DC, Texas and Virginia
As one of America’s most densely populated and geographically compact states, Maryland has a large infrastructure system in a relatively small amount of space. The state is home to more than 4.4 million drivers, and its central location in the mid-Atlantic and proximity to Washington DC, make it an important thoroughfare for millions more interstate travelers.
All Maryland drivers deserve the security of knowing that they are protected by strong car insurance benefits. After all, accidents can happen anywhere from the interstate to your own driveway, and when they do, the right auto policy can be there to help you pick up the pieces.
At Halkos Insurance Agency, we are committed to helping all our customers get the customized auto benefits that provide both the best protection and the best value for them. To find your policy solutions today, just call us at 301-206-5464301-206-5464 or request a quote online now.
Common Auto Insurance Questions
Car insurance is a promise of financial assistance if you ever face costly, unexpected issues involving your vehicle. These might be wrecks, theft or vandalism, vehicle fires, storm damage, accident lawsuits and countless other hazards. Though they might cause different types of problems, they could all be expensive, and your car insurance can be there to help you pay the necessary recovery costs.
Within a single car insurance policy, there are usually several types of available benefits, including:
- Liability Insurance: When an accident is deemed your fault, this coverage helps you pay for the damage you do to others and their property who weren’t in the car with you.
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: This plan pays for third-party medical bills and sometimes for death benefits.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: This pays for damage to the other party’s property.
- Collision Insurance: This covers damage to your own vehicle that you sustained in a wreck.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This coverage pays for damage from non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage, fires, theft, vandalism or similar accidents.
- Medical Payments Coverage/Personal Injury Protection: If you get hurt in an accident, this coverage can pay for your medical bills. It sometimes will cover other losses, like lost income.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance: This insures you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage. If you are the victim of a hit-and-run, for example, then this coverage can pay for your car’s damage.
To further customize your plan, you will likely benefit from other coverage like:
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Custom parts coverage
- Replacement cost vehicle coverage
- Vanishing deductibles
- Gap insurance
Specifically, Maryland law requires drivers to carry minimum levels of liability insurance, uninsured motorist and PIP coverage. These are:
- $30,000 bodily injury liability insurance coverage per person
- $60,000 bodily injury liability insurance coverage per accident
- $15,000 property damage liability insurance
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- $30,000 bodily injury coverage per person
- $60,000 bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $15,000 property damage coverage
- $2,500 personal injury coverage per person
- You might be able to waive PIP coverage in certain cases, but it is always recommended that you carry these benefits because they can cover more than just your medical bills.
Additionally, if you have financed your car, then your lender might require you to buy comprehensive, collision and gap insurance.
The more auto insurance you buy, the more protection you will have in case of an accident. That’s why we recommend that you always carry increased liability, UM and PIP benefits rather than the minimum limits, and that you take advantage of other optional coverage options.
Still, we understand that buying more coverage might mean spending more money, and we’ll work with you to help you find the benefits that both provide ample protection and still offer affordability. With the help of our top-of-the line policy comparison tools and carrier options, we’ll help you pinpoint the plan that offers you the best value for the coverage you need.